With the boundless benefits of smartphones to travelers, people now take their mobile devices wherever they go. In particular, traveling to Disney World or Disneyland can be made more memorable when using your handy smartphone. In this article, we will cover how you can maximize your handset when visiting Disneyland.
Use it as a map
Although smartphones today are built with map features and GPS locators, these features are not as reliable when inside the Disneyland complex. Probably the most efficient way to find your way around Disneyland is by downloading one of the purpose-built apps that will guide you to all of your favorite rides and attractions.
Firstly, there is the My Disney Experience app for iOS and Android, which helps you plan and share your vacation, purchase tickets, and get all the maps you need to make your trip less stressful. There’s also an assortment of other apps out there fitting the same purpose, such as the DHS GPS app that we reviewed previously.
Take epic videos of your rides
One of the reasons why you visit Disneyland is to try out the rides and to get these memories immortalized in funny pictures. With the help of your smartphone, you will be able to take amazing photos and videos of your many memorable experiences in the theme park. Since rides are usually fast, you can take videos and maximize its slow motion video effect features. One of the best smartphones with this video editing software built-in is the iPhone 6. Apple’s iPhone 6 homepage shows information pertaining to the handset’s updated 8-megapixel iSight camera that can take 1080p high definition videos at 60 fps and slo-mo videos at 240 fps for a clear and seamless videos. Other smartphones can also install slo-mo apps for Android devices.
Purchase tickets in real-time
Because it can connect to the Internet easily, you can use your smartphone to buy tickets instantly. Luckily, free Wi-Fi is available at Disney World theme parks around the world since 2012. However, it can be highly limited because of the high volume of people using the free Internet throughout the parks. It’s best to maximize your mobile data subscription to purchase your tickets right away.
1. Visit Disneyland’s mobile website via your smartphone’s browser.
2. Click the Tickets button.
3. The page will show you the ticket prices, quantity, and other necessary information about the tickets you want to purchase.
4. It will lead you to the payment method page where you need to process the payment via Credit or Debit card to confirm your order.
Tip: You can also use the My Disney Experience app in purchasing your tickets.
Maximize all apps possible
To make your trip more memorable, install all the Disney-focused apps you can find. Aside from the My Disney Experience, there are other applications you can download before you leave.
• Disneyland Inside Out – This app provides you with all the helpful information you need to know about Disneyland, such as when the parks open and close, and the number of people in the park at one time. To download the app for Android, click here.
• Disneyland Wait Times – Continually updated, the Disneyland Wait Times provides users with the most accurate waiting time information for all the rides at the theme park. It is constantly updated in real-time by other travelers for more reliable data. To download the app for Android, click here.
• “Walt Disney World Guide” Notecast – A complete in-park guidebook about all the Disney Parks, including Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. It has extensive information about Disneyland to help visitors with planning their vacation, and it has over 750 high quality photos of the Parks. To download the app for iPhone, click here.
Traveling with smartphones has become a invaluable aid in for tourists. And it shows no signs of stopping as handsets become more portable, smarter, and even cheaper than ever before. Smartphones are also the ideal companion for visting the wonderful world of Disneyland.
What do you love most about your mobile devices when traveling?